Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Annie Clark fans - vintage Silvertone Silhouette in San Diego for $400

Silvertone Silhouette Vintage 60's - In San Diego CA - $400 These Silvertone Silhouettes (aka Harmony Bobcat aka 1478) don't usually turn up for this cheap and this one may already be sold but I had to highlight it based on the feature set and good overall condition for the price. Fans of Annie Clark aka St. Vincent know these guitars can sound awesome and though this one is not all original it does have what many would consider the two upgrades tht make it more managemeble for live performance i.e. upgraded Kluson vintage style tuners and a tuneamatic bridge to replace the wooden one. I prefer these 2 pickup 1478 versions to the 3 pickup 1488 model Annie plays because hers has the dreaded "rocker switches" that are easy to acccidentally knock while playing. I much prefer the basic 3 way switch on this two pickup model. This one does have a significant "boo boo" on its base but some might say that adds to the vintage charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.