Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Framus Sportsman Electric in NOLA for $50




This small bodied semi-hollow looks more like a Japanese model than a German one but it is a Framus so should be German made. That's a very low price by any standard.

Framus Sportsman Vintage Guitar - $50 (Slidell)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-12-16, 5:02PM CST
Reply to: sale-xeg76-1513418077@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1966 Framus Sportsman Semi-hollowbody Guitar
I work all the time so it just sits on the rack and never gets played
Has everything but the truss rod cover but you can find them online for like $6
Just plug in and play
Great shape for its age
Some scratches on the front from the bridge


Location: Slidell

1 comment:

  1. Howdy,
    I have the exact same guitar and the neckplate says "Japan" (as you suspected) with no labels or branding anywhere else. I still don't know a maker for sure (though I can't even find a Framus model called a "Sportsman"), but it has a lot of "Bruno" qualities like the angled fingerboard end and the same wide-bell shaped truss-rod cover.
    It is actually a fine looking, good sized guitar (much bigger than yer average Teisco) and mine has/d sweet checkerboard binding on the neck. I say "had" b/c the truss rod is snapped off (someone tightened the heck out of it to bend back the spongy laminated neck) and I may just put on a different neck so I an play it. I recall the sound being a tad trebly, alas...
    All the best,
    Mike
    If anyone knows this guitar or wants detailed pix, let me know.
    Also the Bruno link: http://guitarz.blogspot.com/search/label/Bruno

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.