Friday, July 21, 2017

1960's Kapa Continental at GC in Cherry Hill NJ for $299


These Kapa Continentals were assembled and painted in a Music Store in Maryland all through the 1960's.  The early bodies, parts and necks came for the Hofner factory in Germany - including the unique "staple" pickups. Later they switched to a mix of German and Japanese parts and eventually by the end of the 60's Kapa's were built completely in Japan and imported to the US.

This appears to be one of the earlier Continentals which still has all the German parts (to my eye anyway).   These are great "budget vintage" guitars that are perfect for Indie/Jangle/garage rock.

Female guitarists in particular will appreciate the light weight, thin necks and cool vintage vibe.

this guitar is for sale right now at the Guitar Center in Cherry Hill NJ.  (Note: GC will ship to anywhere in the USA so if you want this one give them a call and ask about the playability, etc.   You can buy it right over the phone (believe me I've done it a dozen times).  GC shipping is fairly cheap.

***************************  









No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.