Sunday, September 11, 2011

Goya (Sweden) Classical acoustic in Chicago area for $80

There is a bit of a cult around the Swedish made Goya's based in part on the legendary care and meticulous service of the original Levin guitar factory in Sweden. there is a list of serial number available on line to help date this guitar if you are interested at http://www.whitetreeaz.com/vintage/goya.htm

Martin moved all Goya manufacturing to Japan in 1977 but Goya's were being made in Sweden and sold inthe United Stated by Herschmann and Kustom as early as 1955.

*************************




Classical guitar (Vintage) - $80 (Algonquin)

Date: 2011-09-08, 2:09PM CDT
Reply to: sale-bpxup-2588639455@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I believe this is a Goya, there is no sticker ... though it does say "Made in Sweden" inside and the rest of my guitars are of the period which Goya was around. I also have a Goya (1958 G-10) listed.

I will let this one go for a low price for two reasons ...
1. The top has a crack in it, one which can be repaired and not even noticeable, but I won't fix it so I will lessen the price. It doesn't effect the playability or tone AT ALL.
2. It has no name, tag, or sticker. It does however have a serial. So lets say you love to research vintage guitars ... and this becomes your treasure. Guess what, you only paid $80 for it!!!

Cash and carry only.
No scammers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.