Sunday, March 10, 2013

Marshall 4212 JCM800 2x12 Tube Combo amp in ong Beach for $500

These are great amps for straight forward rock n roll players. I have seen 4212's like this on many stages over the years and they always sound good to my ears.  Simple 2-channel design, one clean one crunchy, with reverb.  What more do you need?  These are not light.  From the 80's when Marshall's factory in England was still operating at peak form.   Check it out if you are in the area.  - JC

***************************************  

Marshall JCM 800 4212 2x12

For sale is a vintage JCM 800 50 watt model 4212 amplifier. The pots need to be cleaned out to avoid crackling when changing volume or the reverb but that's the only problem. Everything on it is original incuding both 12 inch speakers. Cosmetically it looks like it should for being over 30 years old, but theres no rips or tears anywhere on the amp. It comes with the original channel selector foot switch to switch between a clean reverb channel and the heavy distortion. The amp sounds good once you get all the knobs to where you want them. I've used this amp for everything from jazz and R&B to heavy metal.
Similar amps are selling upwards of $1000. I payed 650 and am willing to let it go for 500 to help pay off some college loans.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.