Sunday, March 3, 2013

Vintage Archtop in Aurora, CO for $150 - cool faux tiger w/ orig picguard

This seller is offering one of the Chicago made f-hole archtops with the faux blonde tiger-stripe finish for a decent price.  These are not great players but they are definitely cool to have hanging around and this one appears to be in particularly nice shape with the original pickguard (which almost never survive intact).


*******************************

Vintage Airline/MG Wards/Harmony Archtop Guitar - $150 (Aurora)

Powered by LeafletTerms
Mississippi at I-225

Uber cool retro 50's faux tiger stripe guitar F hole archtop guitar in 'naner puddin' yellow. Still has it's original pick guard too. Not sure of the specific maker but these were labeled and sold as Montgomery Wards, Airline, Harmony, and Silvertone that I can name off the top of my head. Definitely nails that po' boy blues, country, rock n roll, rockabilly tone. On ebay I've seen them called Club Catalinas, or other. Slap a floating pickup on it and rock it a la Big Joe Williams. Or raise the strings and make a slide gitter out of it. Inside of the guitar is stamped L9949 58xx. The tuners are the 3 on a side Klusen Deluxe tuners just like the old Gibson LP Jr.'s.

Email w/ "harmony guitar" in the subject

Thanks fer lookin'!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.