Thursday, April 18, 2013

John McGalughlin amazes us all with his thoughts, words and monsterous technique!

I have never been a big fan of John McGlaughlin's playing but I've always thought he had amazing technique.  I remember listening to his guitar duets with Carlos Santana on Love, Devotion, and Surrender when I was in college and thinking "This guy is all intellect and technique - no heart."  Of course, I was wrong.  I was just too young and inexperienced to appreciate the harmonic complexity of what he was doing.  And in many ways I still am.  But now when I listen to his playing I reserve judgement and just try to let it speak to me.  You know what - I still don't understand it but I kinda like it now.  And after hearing him talk on this video I realize he is a really nice guy just doing what he loves and trying to communicate something with his music.

Oh yeah, and he's also jammed out and recorded with everyone from Hendrix to Miles Davis to the Rolling Stones and they all thought he was the sha-eet.  So what do I know. 

*************************  





1 comment:

  1. McGalughlin?? McGlaughlin?? One of the most influential guitarists in history; the least you can do is to spell his name correctly.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.