Monday, April 15, 2013

Vintage 1930's-40's Recording King Archtop Acoustic Guitar in Omaha NE - possible Gibson?

This seller is offering a vintage Recording King Archtop - not to be confused with the current line of Recording King guitars (which are pretty cool as well) this would be one of the original line that was available from Montgomery Ward before WWII.   Recording King guitars were made by a variety of companies that included Harmony, Kay and most significantly Gibson.  This one struck my notice because it has the identifiable fret marker inlays that were used on some of the Gibson made models.  I am not saying that this is definitely a Gibson product - only that the possibility is there.  Worth taking a look if you are in the area.

Note:  I contacted the seller and he said that this is not a left-handed guitar as it appears in the picture.  The image is just accidentally reversed.  - JC


****************************************  

Vintage Recording King....Guitar Pedals: Jekyll and Hyde, Wah, Ibanez (West Omaha)



I am trying to get rid of these pedals because I do not use them anymore. These prices are pretty firm but shoot me an offer!! I will go lower, prolly $200 if you bundle them all together!

Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive/Distortion Pedal - $100
Cry Baby Wah- $75
Ibanez Echo/Delay- $25
Ibanez Distortion DS-7- $25


Also trying to get rid of this VERY OLD vintage Recording King acoustic guitar. It is very old and I have not been able to find online how much it is worth because it is just that rare I guess. It is pretty beat up but the tone is ridiculously good! It would be a nice beginning guitar or a good "Decoration corner piece" just to make a room look better. Best offer for this guitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.