Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Unknown Archtop in Nashville - please help identify thiks model

The seller doesn't know what type of guitar this is and neither do I.  Take a look and see what you think.  It appears to be bound on both the neck and body I (but not the F-holes).  I can't tell if that tigerstripe finish on the rear is real or fake - most likely fake since it recurs on the sides as well.  I'd guess this might be a Kay built guitar but that serial number reeks of Harmony (especially the H in the middle and the S on the end).

Those serial numbers don't seem to match any of the known models on the Harmony Demont site.

************************

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/3746879570.html

Vintage Guitar

I know nothing about this guitar besides what you can see in the pictures.

I was hoping someone could tell me a little about it and/or make me an offer.
  • Location: Nashville
 

2 comments:

  1. I have seen harmony made but Kay labeled model numbers like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks an awful lot like my Harmony.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.