Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cool Japanese J-160 type Acoustic with Pickup in Louisville KY area for $125

This is a pretty cool old Japanese acoustic from what I can see. It looks like a cross between a Gibson J-160e and a Fender Sonoran. The neck looks like real mahogany rather than the usual laminated strips and the top may be solid spruce - or it could be laminate - impossible to tell from a photo.

Either way this is a pretty unique guitar. The pickup and controls all look original. I can't recall ever seeing one of these before. This may have been one of the Kents sold in Canada.

**********************



Vintage Japanese Acoustic Electric Guitar - Kent or Teisco (No Label) - $125 (Clarksville, IN)

--------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-11-01, 5:57PM EDT
Reply to: sale-whexx-2680326031@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
-------------------------------------------------------

I am selling a Vintage Japanese guitar that looks to be a Teisco, but could possibly be a Kent.
The guitar has a single coil magnetic pickup with a volume and tone control mounted on the body.
There is no logo to show the brand, but there is a Japanese figure inside the sound hole.
The guitar plays really good. That combined with the vintage aged wood makes for a really good sounding guitar.
All of the white trim on the guitar has aged to a really nice cream color. The tuners work well, and the frets are not worn down.





Overall, this is a great guitar, and a nice collector's piece for those of you who are interested in vintage Japanese guitars.
I know one thing: vintage Japanese guitars are my favorite. I don't want to part with this one, but times are tough, and business is business.
Let me know if you're interested, and I'll let you know where I'm at so you can come try it out and potentially buy it. Even if you don't think it looks great, you'll love it when you play it.
Personally, I think it looks great, but like I said, I like old vintage Japanese guitars. This one definitely has that classic vibe that you're sure to love.
All I'm asking is $125 because I want this to be accessible to more people, even if they don't have a lot of money to spend.

3 comments:

  1. I just bought it based on your description. I love this blog! Can you give me any ideas to help me ID it?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say the seller is pretty clsoe to accurate in guessing this is a Teisco or a Kent model - I'd put the year about 1965 - but I can't find it in any catalog or brochure. That 6 on a side Fender style headstock combined with the BIG dreadnaught body and pickup and controls are all new to me. I'd be curious how it plays - if it is super boomie or if it has nice clarity and tone - JC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim:

    It has a great clear and crisp tone. Not at all boomie.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.