Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gibson GA-5T Crestline tube amp in Albuquerque area for $175

This seller is offering a 1960's Gibson amp - the Crestline Series GA5T.  Now there are many versions of the GA5T that were made over about 30 years - I believe this one has the pair of 6AQ5 power tubes and splits a 6EU7 for the preamp and Tremolo and uses a 6X4 rectifier tube.  That lineup makes it the same as my old Epiphone EA-50T so this will certainly be a very bright amp.  If I were replacing the speaker in this I would go for a 10" Weber Signature Series - that will give it a little more oomph and less of an icepick top end. Remember - this amp does not have a tone control - the two knobs are just for Volume and "Frequency" (for the Tremolo) and the third is just an On-Off knob.  - JC

*************************

Gibson Skylark GA5T Amp - $150 (Rio Rancho)


Date: 2012-07-02, 10:18AM MDT
Reply to: ntdfq-3114142576@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


Gibson Skylark amplifier GA5T S/N 754134

Not sure of the year but it is in the 60s. This is an old tube amp in pretty decent condition for its age

All original. Leather handle original. Works great. The down side is that there a hole in the speaker cone

I know that it can be reconed at a fairly modest price. The only other thing wrong is that the "Gib"

on the Gibson emblem on the front is missing. Still amp works great despite the torn cone.

My wife plays classical guitar. I purchased this for her some time back and she decided that

electric was not her bag, man. Price is firm

1 comment:

  1. These early 60s Gibsons stay really really CLEAN. Lots of head room. Great amplifiers.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.