Thursday, July 19, 2012

Unique 60's Victoria (Japanese?) electric in Charlotte NC area - Cool Funky Design

This seller is offering a unique and pretty darn funky looking Japanese solid body electric.  I've never seen this particular model - it could be a Guyatone or a Prestige or any of a dozen 1960's era brands.   Check out the unique three piece pickguard segments.  Very cool.  The bad news is the pickups are not working - he says it is wiring, which could be true.  But it also could be more complicated than it sounds.

Maybe if you can get it for cheap it will be worth it.  The shape of those pickups reminds me of a Zenon or Zim Gar guitar. 

Update:  There is an identical guitar to this posted on Michael Robinson's website - www.Myrareguitars.com - and he describes it as a VICTORIA guitar and says it as "Perhaps one of the coolest guitars I have."  That is quite a comment coming from the guy who just may have the largest collection of wacky and unique guitars on the planet.   - JC



Very Rare 1960's Teisco Guitar - $1 (Concord)


Date: 2012-07-18, 2:59PM EDT
Reply to: n2t5b-3147745399@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


Trying to sell my 1960's Teisco Guitar. This guitar is super rare, you will probably never see another one. The real manufacturer of this guitar is unknown to many collectors making it somewhat of a mystery but im just calling it a teisco because it follows the same basic style of the teiscos of the same period. There does seem to be a problem with it though, when i got it only one pickup worked but recently that one quit also. I opened it up to see that pickup wires have become disconnected from the switch. This is a quick fix to someone who has the time to do it or a little cash to take it to a pro. So im currently taking offers on it how it sits. Send an email if interested and i'll get back to you. Thanks

6 comments:

  1. its a guyatone victoria ill sell you mine its in sunburst eazel3ay@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1965 Guyatone Victoria, originally sold as the "Surf Rider" because the tone/volume pot cover resembelled a surf board. I have one in sea foam green. the switch is the common point of failure for these since it had a tendency to rotate and snap off the wires. I've had mine since 1966.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one that I'm currently renovating.
      I've reglued every part of the body so it's very solid & very resonant now.
      I'm also doing a fret job and a beautiful surf green nitro paint job .

      My problem is I don't know how to wire the electronics.
      Everything was disconnected when I bought it .

      If you have a picture of the electronics I'd greatly appreciate it if you would send me a copy of it.

      Electronics isn't my forte.

      Thank you VERY much.
      Joe.

      Delete
  3. Is this guitar for sale, what's it worth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a white one with the original box and whammy bar. The sound is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.