Monday, August 31, 2009

Guild Thunder 1 tube Amp near Boston for $180


These Thunders have a following - 6GW8 output tubes deliver about 15 watts so not crazy loud even when up to spec - this one seems to bneed some work - could be worth it.

Vintage Guild Thunder1 tube guitar amp tremelo - $180 (Wellesley)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-31, 9:23AM EDT
Reply to: sale-qvgxj-1351129683@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Cool old amp from an estate. I plugged it in and it works, but not very loud. Probably needs some tinkering. Tremelo works. Needs a cleaning. Speaker is a replacement made bu Sansui. Too heavy to ship, so please do not ask. Local pickup and cash only. Please email or call 781.856.5249. Thanks-Bill

2 comments:

  1. I have this amp too. I played it in JR High but Isn't in working condition right now. I'd like to sell it if anyone is interested. Too heavy to ship. I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Email me.

    Bill.fioritto@fahlgren.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the amp with original driver is one of teh finest studio and practice amplifiers in the buisness.i play one and after playing fender twin reverb and all teh rest i would prefer this Guild over the big boys anyday>it has something others do not in tone.The trem is useless however.They ask about 600 dollars in used audio gear.Today a amplifier made this well would ask thousands in teh new gear.Well worth keeping ,investing and finding one of these.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.