Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beautiful 1960's Hofner Nylon String acoustic in Fresno CA for $195

This is certainly a beautiful guitar. I used to ignore nylon string acoustics but I recently picked up a 30 year old Brazillian DiGiorgio at a yard sale and I now love playing it (and yes it has real Brazillian rosewood back and sides).

The wood on this guitar appears to be really well-selected. That soundboard could be European Spruce but it may also be Pine since quite a few European nylon string guitars can be found with pine tops. If so it is an exceptional piece of pine.

I don't know what is going on with those marks on the fretboard. you'd have to look more closely.

Hofner has been known to make some very nice guitars over the years.

****************************





1960s HOFNER Guitar - $195 (Fresno)


Date: 2012-02-06, 5:08PM PST
Reply to: vwyys-2838362353@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Beautiful vintage Hofner guitar made in Germany in the late-1950s or early 1960s. Highly figured wood with neat butterscotch-colored binding.

Straight neck, plays well. Original faux-leather case is included. $195 firm. Call ***-**** (home # -- no texts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.