Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kay Acoustic in Portland for $50

Here is a seller offering a vintage Kay acoustic for $50. This guitar looks like it is at least 50 years old. These old Kays are great to have lying around to bang out some gritty swamp blues when your girlfriend walks out on you or you lose your job.

When I buy a guitar like this I never do much to it except maybe change the strings. I don't shave the bridge or polish the frets or even replace the nut (unless it trashed). If you don't try to make them play like a Martin or Gibson you'll enjoy them for what they are - just wrassle wit' em until they squawk like a drunk hussy.

******************************







Vintage Kay accoustic - $50 (39th and Holgate)

Date: 2012-02-04, 10:35AM PST
Reply to: wdpfk-2834586288@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Great parlor or camping guitar with hardshell case. Holds a tune, good action. Lots of personality. Price is $50 firm. Mike: 541-***-****. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. i have an old kay archtop...i was gonna get a new fretboard and blah blah blah blah....but i gotta say man....love what you posted on this guitar...i think i will leave her be.....had to tell ya that.....love looking at all the equipment you post...one day i will jump on something you post and post it up and spread the word!!! thanks for an awesome blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leroy. I certainly believe that the soul of an artist is in the artist - not in the tools. However, I do believe that many instruments have a soul of their own - those are the ones I look for. The ones that can speak for themselves - and they usually have something very funky to say. - JC

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.