Thursday, September 27, 2012

1967 Silvertone 1443 Danelectro) Bass guitar in Baton Rouge LA for $625

The seller gives some useful info about this bass but does he really have to convince us that it is cool?  C'mon?!  This model is the bass version of the vaunted Danelectro Hornet and it is awesome!  Just look at it - two lipstick pickups, cool heavy duty hardware and brushed metal knobs, aluminum nut, rosewood board.

You just don't see a lot of these Silvertone basses floating around in player ready condition.  This one is a real find.  Of course, I have no idea how well those lipstick pickups reproduce bass tones - but it's worth a look.

*************************  






Vintage Silvertone 1443 bass guitar (Baton Rouge)


Date: 2012-09-06, 4:14PM CDT
b7vzk-3200514190@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a Silvertone 1443, Solid body, electric bass guitar made by Danelectro circa 1967. It has a red-to-black burst finish with two lipstick pickups. It was made in Neptune New Jersey. It's far more rare than the single pickup model, which i also have in my collection.
The bass is in great condition for being forty five years old! The neck is straight with fast action. The neck is a bolt-on with two steel adjustable truss rods with rosewood fingerboard and 22- fret scale. Electronics all work correectly. The tuners are 100% original...nickel. There is a seam where the headstock joins the neck and paint is cracking, This was apparent when i bought the guitar back in 1991(21 years ago) and is rock solid, strictly a cosmetic issue. What a wonderful addition to your collection of great American bass guitars, build by hand, made by a great entrepreneur of the early electric bass.
This bass guitar was only offered from 1966 to 1968 by Sears and Robuck.
Asking $625
If interested call (225) ***-****
Please excuse the quality of the pics...
Thanks for looking  

1 comment:

  1. I have a picture of me playing this model bass in 1973 with Kid Cruise and the Tbirds. I will try to join this site and see if I can post pics. I have a lot of vintage stuff that I would be glad to post and discuss. My Silvertone, I believe was a Danelectro Coral Bass. It was white with red pearloid pickguard. Thanks for the site!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.