Thursday, May 13, 2010

1962 Danelectro Convertible in St. Paul MN for $500 or trade for Lap Steel

This original Convertible looks to be in very good shape - and take note, if you've only played the reissue of these you've never played one - there is no comparison between the tone of these originals and the Korean and Chinese models.  Real Masonite bodies and real lipstick tube pickups make for incredible SLIDE tone.

****************************************



1962 Danelectro Convertible Guitar (vintage) - $500 (St. Paul, MN)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-05-12, 10:22AM CDT

Reply to: sale-cbxfb-1737019862@craigslist.org [

I am posting my 1962 Danelectro Convertible Guitar. I purchased this Guitar from Willies American Guitars in St. Paul, Minnesota about four years ago for the same price. I am looking to sell, but preferably trade this guitar for a Lap Steel guitar of equal value or a Lap Steel and low wattage tube amp of the same value. This guitar is in great condition for the years it's been around and the years I've spent playing it. Here are the details:


Danelectro Convertible Model 5015 Model Thinline Hollow Body Electric Guitar (1962), made in Neptune, NJ, formica finish, masonite and pine body, poplar bolt-on neck with Brazilian rosewood fingerboard, aluminum nut, frets, and strap buttons, one-piece stamped button metal tuners (known as "skate keys") and of course the Danelectro lipstick tube pickup: Alnico bar magnets & copper wire wrapped in brown tape and mounted in surplus, chrome plated, lipstick tubes. Measured 4.75k ohms.

I'll post better pictures once I find my camera

E-mail is fine

Contact: Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.