Saturday, May 8, 2010

Vox Stroller early 60's Vintage Electric in Oakland CA for $250

I love when I duiscover a new guitar and since I don't know much about the English VOX's this one is new to me - a Vox Stroller - their bottom of the line from1961.   I have no idea about the tone or playablity - but certainly is a cool and Rare find here in the US.   One thing I know about Vox's is that the English made versions are more desireable than the later Italian's (though, I think they are still cool).

**************************************

Rare Vintage Guitar! Vox Stroller - $250 (oakland downtown)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-05-08, 3:34PM PDT

Reply to: sale-phe2v-1731359527@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Stroller was one of Vox's very first guitars, debuting in 1961. It has One pickup at the bridge, one volume and tone control. A simple sycamore neck (made by the Stuart Darkins furniture company of Shoeburyness) without truss rod, and basic tuning gears.

This is how the instrument was described in the 1964 Vox catalogue.

Fine quality rhythm solid electric guitar. High grade VOX strings and single pick-up. Separate tone and volume controls. Single side machine heads. reinforced, polished neckwith hardwood fingerboard. Adjustable rosewood bridge. Finished in red or white high gloss polyester.

The guitar I am selling is in good condition and plays/sounds great. It has a high quality Gibson bridge installed but also comes with the original. If interested call: (310) 729 3008.

1 comment:

  1. Are you still selling this? I've had a Vox Stroller of my own with original case for about 17 years, and just recently discovered what it actually is. Have you had an appraisal for this? I'd love any info you have!! Thanks & Best Regards, Nathaniel F. (my email: n8thesk8@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.