Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kay Vanguard in Portland OR for $100

I just posted one of these about a week ago that was a good deal for $200 - well here is a black one that is even cheaper in Portland.  Only $100 bucks!   That output jack is a little ugly but I am sure you could manage a better fix for very little money.   These fly way below the radar but you still see dealers selling the original ones in excellent shape for a small mint.  I've seen these at GC Vintage for $1K+ recently.

I've never actually seen one of these in black so this could be a refin - or maybe just a less common color.
BTW those Kluson Tombstone tuners are not the originals for this guitar but I am sure they work just fine.

*********************************



Kay electric guitar - vintage - $100 (Southeast)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-06-29, 9:12AM PDT

Reply to: sale-vjz3u-1817187216@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kay electric guitar. Not all original - input jack and G tuning peg have been replaced (repairs done a few years ago at Old Town Music). The new jack later came loose and is now held securely in place with much packing tape. Still, sounds good and has plenty of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.