Thursday, October 28, 2010

Interesting old Harlin Bros. Acoustic in Lima IN for $50

I don't recognize know much about this brand or model - the headstock is unique and that stencil type Logo implies it is from the 1930's or 1940's - I am curious if that is real binding around the body and soundhole - hard to tell. Anyway this is an interesting find.

Apparently the Harlin Bros. were Indianapolis based guitar makers in the 40's and 50's and are most well known for their Multi-Kord Six String Pedal Steel guitars.  This is the first regular acoustic of theirs I have encountered. - JC

*********************************






 antique guitar for sale - $50 (lima)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-10-20, 6:29PM EDT

Reply to: sale-ewhqh-2016862939@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im selling this guitar for $50 if interested you can reach me at 419-231-4405 call/text or just email

•Location: lima

2 comments:

  1. I managed to snag this guitar by having the owner ship it to me. I believe it's an Oahu as I've found several on the web that are exactly the same except for the headstock. It has a spruce top and real binding on the front, back, soundhole, and the neck. It's also a square neck lap steel, which wasn't mentioned in conversation or the ad, but that's fine. After cleaning the dirt off it really looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron: What a nice score. That is an unusual guitar - and it's probably at least 50 years old. Quality woods and construction too. Congrats. - Jim C

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.