Thursday, October 28, 2010

Vintage Airline Reso - Jack White Guitar in Peculiar, MO for $600

Sounds like there are still some issues with this guitar but the seller is not going into detail so you would need to be an alert buyer - could be a playability/intonation problem.  You would want to make sure that those are both original pickups too since he said some "electronics" were replaced.  Caveat Emptor.

Note:  This is not "exactly" the same as Jack White's guitar since it does not have the Gumby style headstock.

**************************



Vintage Montgomery Ward Airline Guitar, Just Like Jack Whites! - $600 (Peculiar, MO)


Date: 2010-10-17, 2:17PM CDT
Reply to: mailto:sale-qzj3s-2010999475@craigslist.org?subject=Vintage%20Montgomery%20Ward%20Airline%20Guitar%2C%20Just%20Like%20Jack%20Whites!%20-%20%24600%20(Peculiar%2C%20MO)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fkansascity.craigslist.org%2Fmsg%2F2010999475.html%0A [Errors when replying to ads?]



I am selling an original vintage 1950's-60's JB Hutto Montgomery Ward Res-O-Glas Airline guitar, the same one that Jack White plays in his band. It was inherited to me from my uncle who passed away 4-5 years ago. Since owning it the inlay and frets have been replaced, along with some of the electronics, and the neck has been straightened out. It still needs some work, but is playable. The pickups and the tuners are all original, it is missing the Airline symbol on the neck, but I have seen them on Ebay for $5.00 before when I was looking into restoring it completely. I just don't have the time to mess with it anymore, and it has just been decoration for a long time. A guitar like this in excellent condition is worth $2,000-$3,000.00, but since I know this one still needs work I'm willing to start the price at $600.00. Feel free to shoot me an offer, but I don't know how flexible I will be. This guitar is very rare to find for it to be an original. So, serious inquiries call 816-206-8241.

  • Location: Peculiar, MO

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.