Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Silvertone 1482 in Appleton-Oshkosh Il for $250

Nice deal even if there is no pic and it is rough cosmetically.  No pic on the listing but you know these are the TV Knob styloe cabinet with two channels and Tremolo. - JC

******************************

Vintage 1960s Silvertone 1482 guitar amp - $250 (Little Chute)




Date: 2010-10-06, 4:42PM CDT
Reply to: mailto:sale-xfdex-1992639130@craigslist.org?subject=Vintage%201960s%20Silvertone%201482%20guitar%20amp%20-%20%24250%20(Little%20Chute)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fappleton.craigslist.org%2Fmsg%2F1992639130.html%0A [Errors when replying to ads?]



I am selling my Silvertone model 1482 guitar amplifier.
It was made in the mid 60's. It is all tube with 2 12ax7s in the preamp and 2 6v6s in the power amp.
If you are looking at this I assume you already know about these amps.
I am selling this because I play heavier music and I would rather this amp go to someone who can appreciate it.
It was in my grandmothers attic for many years. When it was given to me, I took it to Cole's Music in Marshfield, Wisconsin.
He went through the amp, retubed and rebiased it, and did whatever maintenance you do to a 40 year old tube amp.
It plays very well and sounds great, but it isn't in perfect condition anymore.
The corners of the cabinet are a little roughed up, it is missing one of the knobs on the front panel, the piece of wood that makes it a semi-closed back is missing, and the tubes for the tremelo are not there so the tremelo does not function right now.
Other than that, it functions just like it should. It does have a really cool sound, but like I said, its just not what I'm into.
So I would rather have someone own this that will play it and enjoy it.

In perfect, all original shape, these go for $500, $600, or $900. Check out guitarcenter.com and look at their vintage section.

I think that is an obnoxious price for this so shoot me an offer and we can go from there.
I would love to get $250 for this, but let me know what you are willing to offer.
I will add pictures probably tomorrow night.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.