Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Silvertone 1480 (aka 1478) "Redfoil" Silhouette on Rhode Island for $550

This seller is offering a fairly rare Silvertone 1480 Silhouette. As far as I can tell the 1480 is just like the 1478 but in redburst finish with matching redfoil pickups (go figure).

I believe the seller is correct in saying that this model was only available in 1967. Note that this is definitely a Silhouette not a Bobkat/H15/H17 but it is not exactly the same as a Harmony H19 since it doesn't have the Hagstrom Vibrato tailpiece. The 1480 was its own unique model only made for Sears/Silvertone.

****************************







1967 silvertone electric guitar usa made - $550 (ri)


Date: 2012-03-16, 3:56PM EDT
Reply to: wvq4c-2905841808@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

made just one year and the rarest of the harmony made silvertone solidbodys, a 67 silvertone "red foil" silouhette.. pearl blocks, neck binding, 2 red foil dearmond pickups. with wammy bar. 550 cash

Location: ri

1 comment:

  1. You guys must be asleep at the wheel - or else these Harmony Silhouette's are not as popular as I thought. I just got outbid on a nice circa 1965 Silvertone 1478 on eBay 5 minutes ago and the seller got it for $282.50! Very nice guitar in excellent shape from a Pawn Shop in Prescott AZ. I topped out my bidding at $277 and just missed ikt in the last 5 seconds. I should have followed my instincts and went for $301 LOL!

    Guess I chickened out because it would have been my 21st guitar in the house and I really need to do some selling hehe. - JC

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.