Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ventura V-6 Acoustic in Shreveport LA for $100

I guess I am posting mostly acoustics today. There seems to be quite a few interesting models on Craigslist. Here is a seller offering a Ventura acoustic from the late 1960's - early 1970's. Ventura is a brand to keep a watch for in acoustics because they are a well regarded Japanese vintage Brand. Many 12 string players swear by the Ventura V-12 and V-14 as being second only to a Taylor in projection and playability. They were a well-built brand at the time and were not "cheap" (the model range cost between $100 - $300 back in the 1970's) and they used quality aged woods like Honduran Mahogany and East Indian Rosewood. The bodies are often laminated (though not always) but that was not considered a big negative at the time (it is still somewhat a matter of debate) and they had excellent quality control which explains why so many of the guitars are still out there being played. A Ventura makes a very good "knock around" guitar because they are very sturdy but still have solid tone and good volume and projection. They can still occasionally be found at pawn Shops and thrift stores (though word is getting out). I always got a kick out of that "Designed in USA - Built in Japan" logo on the inside - since most of their "designs" were copies of USA made guitars like the Martin D-18 and Gibson Hummingbird. LOL. ************************************
Vintage Ventura Acoustic Guitar - $100 (Bossier) Date: 2012-04-18, 9:54AM CDT Reply to: bdt36-2939480831@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Nice Clean 1970's vintage acoustic guitar. Label says Model V-6 Designed in USA made in Japan. Sounds good plays good. Has nice brass quick connect strap pins. Call or text only 318-***-****. Local buyers cash only no scams.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I appreciate your posting of this Ventura Guitar V-6. I thought I was the only one who had one! My version is the v-5. I acquired this guitar through my parents who bought it at a church rummage sale in rural Indiana about 2008. Their intention was to have it at their home for me to play when our family came for a visit. It came to me upon the death of my father and my mother's move to smaller space.
    As for the quality, I have not played a finer guitar! It has light gauge strings and it plays rich and loud. I play mostly finger style having learned in high school classical guitar. Many of my friends comment that the sound is so pleasing that they would rather come play this guitar than theirs. One has a nice yamaha and another has both an older Martin and a newer Taylor. I keep it out on a stand in the family room and it calls to me every night! I also keep a music stand up with the songs I'm still trying to master.
    I have had many guitars over the years, but this rummage sale rescue is my baby. I will never sell it. It needs just a slight neck adjustment to pull the strings down at the 12+ frets a bit. The finish is perfect and shines like new.
    Thanks for letting me share my story.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.