Monday, April 9, 2012

Toby 1967 "Flip Top Monster" solid State bass Amp in Roanoke VA for $500

I just had to post this crazy looking vintage amp I found for sale in Virginia. And you thought the Gibson Thor amps were ugly LOL! I found a reference to this amp in the 1967 Billboard new musical equipment section and it apparently had a list price of $695 when it was introduced! Looks like it came right off the set of Dr. Who. Apparently less than 100 made. I wonder why?

Seller says he will trade it for a Fender tube amp - gee ya think?

*********************************







Bass amp - Will trade for Fender tube amp-working or not-guitar-brass - $500 (Roanoke)
Date: 2012-03-10, 12:42PM EST
Reply to: wvggk-2859220424@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
TOBY BASS AMP TEXAS vintage 60's TRADE for Fender, Marshall or Mesa boogie tube amp - working or not or a guitar Or SELL BEST OFFER - $500 (Roanoke)

Will trade for brass instrument- trumpet, sax, cornet euphonium, baritone, fender tube amp working or not, guitar- acoustic or electric, snare drum, mens english three speed bike, - all offers considered.
TOBY BASS AMP-RARE-TEXAS vintage 60's $500.00 cash call 540-***-****
Vintage Toby Bass amp made in Ft. Worth, Texas. 1960's model. Solid state. Less than 100 made. Flip top box design.- Amp head folds closed to transport and protect. Has casters to travel or tilt. Rare vintage bass amp. Very impressive, visually appealing to the audience. Great for bands. Sell for best cash offer.. Email me with all offers. Made by a company called Ramco. 1X15" speaker. It has a large 14" bottom sound chamber. Amp is 32" high closed and 48" open. 16" deep and 17" wide. Has had the cord replaced with a new 3 prong cord. Vu-meter is not working on amp. I will send pictures if needed. I live in Roanoke.
The amp was used by a local band for gigs. It says 117VAC 200 Watts 60 HZ on the back panel. It has three external standard size speaker input jacks on the back. One for cabinet, one for series, and one for parallel. It says Toby Music Systems, 3939 Broadway, Fort Worth Texas. No zip code.
It has casters on it so you can roll it or tilt it. The flip top amp cabinet is nice and it protects the unit when transporting. I will be able to show it somewhere in a public place where you can plug it up and test it out. I have replaced the power cord with a three prong cord for safety and because the original cord was frayed and cracked. The unit works well. The vu-meter does not work. I don't know why. The amp is really unusual and looks great in front of an audience. It is made for a band. It has two ac outlets on the back but they are for two prong cords- since it is old. I think it was made in the 1960's. I am selling it as-is in working condition and with its share of nicks and dings etc. This bass amp sounds great and has a vintage sound.

Please note: I can meet in a public place. I can meet somewhere that has an electical outlet so you can test out the amp and make sure you like it. I will be able to meet you today. I have the unit in storage. CASH $500

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.