Thursday, December 10, 2009

Newcomb VIntage Speaker cabinet - loaded Pair for $50


These are likely from a Newcomb portable tube PA system and the speakers would most likely be Jensen or Rola ceramic 12's (but don't hold me to it). Newcomb was a commercial audio company similar to Webcor and Masco in the 50's and 60's. These would normally have been open backed but the seller has closed them and added a speaker jack which means he's already done the work for you.

Plug one of these into the ext. speaker jack on the back of your Princeton or Deluxe and you can fill a small to medium sized club. Great vintage looking extension cabs.


Rare Vintage guitar cabs 1960's - $50 (san jose downtown)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-12-08, 4:19PM PST
Reply to: sale-u6jew-1501392375@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is a vintage speaker cabinet made by Newcomb Audio Products Inc., in the 1960's. It has a single 12" driver. I have two of them, $50 for both. The company doesn't exist anymore. These speakers were originally part of portable PA systems with a turntable and amplifier.


I added a panel with a 1/4" input on the back of it so you can easily plug in an amplifier. They also have the original handle on top.


They sound wonderful, very warm. They would be great with a small tube amp and guitar or electric piano. They look very vintage and retro too. They're also very clean considering their age.


CASH ONLY! Pick up in Santa Cruz or at San Jose State only. Sold as is, no refunds. No lowballers, no flakes, no weirdos.

1 comment:

  1. I just inherited a Newcomb PA with similar or identical speakers...I have the intention of using it as a vintage amp, but so far no sound. It powers on and the turntable spins on the two higher speeds, but no audio. I can see one tube glowing inside, but I haven't opened it up yet. I was looking online to see if I could get some info, and this is the first site. Looking forward to hearing this thing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.