Wednesday, July 1, 2009

1966 Estey T-32 (Magnatone) in St. Louis for $100 - True Vibrato!!


This Estey tube amp was probably made in Los Angeles in 1966 and it has the Magnatone True Vibrato circuit and Reverb. The seller sounds pretty legit - he say it isn't very loud but it should be at least 15 watts so may need a few new tubes. Still this is a good deal. File photo on the post.


Vintage 1966 Estey t-32 tube amp (St Louis)
Reply to: mailto:sale-4ud67-1247520482@craigslist.org?subject=Vintage%201966%20Estey%20t-32%20tube%20amp%20(St%20Louis) [Errors when replying to ads?]Date: 2009-06-30, 3:57PM CDT
I purchased this awhile back. I bought it to try with my keys, as a fender rhodes type amp, but its just too dirty for the sound I am going for. I was hoping for a warm tube amp sound, which it did have, but it was overdistorted with keys due to the output gain on my board. I had my guitar player play through it and it sounds great (In fact we used it to record a track that day). Some static in the knobs, and reverb when being turned, but overall sounds damn good for a 1966. It's not an extremely loud amp, so I wouldn't expect to use it for live applications with drums, BUT it is a great recording amp. Great warm tone. I had my buddy look at the tubes and electronics cause he does repairs for Guitar center. He said there were two rare tubes left in it that aren't being made anymore. I think they are Mullard 12ax7's. This has built in analog reverb and tremolo as well, so it has that wurly old 60's sound to it when that is turned up. Three inputs, low, mid high. One output for an external speaker. 15 watt speaker, for deep tone, that isn't overly loud. After looking at all the tubes, I think it had 6 or 7 tubes in it total. And it has analog spring reverb. I'm not sure what to price this at, as there isn't much detail for it anywhere. But for a 1966 rare vintage tube amp, I am thinking it should fetch at the very least $100. If anyone has info on these amps, please let me know a good price. Beinga key player, I'm clueless when it comes to guitar stuff. Make me an offer through email and we will go from there. Your welcome to try it before purchasing. Only those truly interested should contact me. I dont have a lot of time to waste answering questions, so only those interested in coming to take a look, or those asking serious inquiries will get a reply. Leave a dollar amount that you would pay, and I'll let you know if I accept. Any other info on this amp would be highly appreciated. The only way I figured out this was a 1966 is due to the electronics diagram I found, which had a clear reference that this was only made in the 1966 year. I am missing two knobs for the tremolo and reverb. All other knobs are on. Here is what it looks like, I'll be taking real pics of it once I get home tonight, but it is in this good of shape. I uploaded the last pic from here as a reference: http://www.hamermuseum.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t3906.html This guy was selling for $500, but with how old it is, I couldn't see it being worth that much. But make an offer.

2 comments:

  1. I spoke to the seller and he confirmed that this amp has 6HU8 output tubes (rare and pricey) but since his best offer so far is only $130 it looks like this amp is going to sell very cheap - JC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one that in great condition with all the tubes working. It is loud but fine with the vibrato and tremelo as well as reverb depth. I heard these go for over $250 in fair condition. Mine looks great. I wouldn't sell for less than $450.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.