Tuesday, September 15, 2009

1959 Kay "Style Leader" Rare Electric in SF Bay area



There is no price listed for this guitar but he will trade it for a Tele - but I wanted to post it so I can archive the photo - since these are very rare - I have not seen one for sale in the past few years. The tone of thee guitars is very similar to a Stratotone or a Silvertone/Harmony Jupiter.

Kay Electric Guitar (Vintage) - $1 (SF)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-09-13, 6:31PM PDT
Reply to: sale-udtmq-1373070841@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


For sale:

1959 Kay Electric Guitar. Semi hollow body electric guitar. Two single-wound pickups. Pickup and pickguard covers are made of copper. Curly Maple, Tobacco Sunburst. Rosewood fretboard. Guitar is original. Neck is straight. Electronics work. Took it by Real Guitars in SF and they told me not to change a thing. Name is "Style Leader"... Was an upgrade over the "Value Leader" line which had chrome pickups and pickguards. Basically an awesome blues guitar. Think Jimmy Rogers or the re-issue that T-Bone Burnett is playing with Robert Plant/Krauss right now. Great tone. I'll take the best offer or trade for a telecaster. There are none of these copper ones for sale ever.

Nate


Location: SF

1 comment:

  1. Oh cool! I have one of these that I thought was a value leader. It's the three pick-up version. I actually just put it up on ebay, but if you want any pictures before it goes, let me know and I can take some.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.