Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kay VIntage (RI?) Hollow Electric Bass in Modesto for $100


Okay so he used a stock photo for the listing BUT if you are lucky then this is either one of the new Kay Vintage Reissue Bass guitars which sell for $800 at MF (making this a hell of a deal) - or it might be an original Kay from the 50's - which are even more rare and prized. Few modern players are aware that the Kay Upright Acoustic Basses were considered some of the best Jazz and Country Stand up basses ever - and the rare hollow electrics run a distant but notable second.

I called this guy and left a message with his mom - apparently the bass is still available...

kay vintage bass guitar - $100 (modesto)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-19, 8:17PM PDT
Reply to: sale-yeuuf-1429187506@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I have a four string kay bass guitar in good condition.
It is black, similiar to the one in the picture, although this is not the one that is pictured.
I need to get 100 firm.
If interested,call 209-527-5952


Location: modesto

1 comment:

  1. I talked to the mother and son - verified it was a kay hollow body - sent them $150 to ship and got it today - its a piece of crap reissue solid body

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.