Monday, October 12, 2009

Vintage 70's Dobro Resonator in TX for $425



Don't ask me why (you know why) but lately I've been craving a Resonator guitar. I guess it's because I picked up my Supro Lap Steel and now want to play slide on anything that I can.

Anyway this early 70's USA made guitar is a real Dobro - from the California company - and while it lacks that 1930's vintage National look it probably sounds great and is rare to boot.

Vintage Dobro - RARE! Blues Special - REDUCED! - $450 (Plano, TX)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-12, 10:32AM CDT
Reply to: sale-euqwh-1417731143@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


These things are very rare. These Blues Specials were originally produced around 1973 in various colors. This one is in beautiful BLUE finish on a wood neck & body. All original and made in USA. I got information about this guitar from Gruhn's in Nashville, TN. I believe more information is published in their book of vintage instruments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a true Dobro brand: (Wikipedia reference) The Original Musical Instrument Company (often known as OMI) was formed in 1967 by two of the original Dopyera brothers, Rudy and Emile, to manufacture resonator guitars.

The first instruments were branded Hound Dog. In 1970 they again acquired the Dobro name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great Dobro resonator tone. It has the factory installed pickup inside as well. Round neck configuration.

This is a rare find. If you are a collector or just want an affordable vintage Dobro, look no futher than here.

Call today:

Roger
972-740-9806

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.