Friday, October 9, 2009

YIKES! Silvertone 1484 Tube head and Cabinet in Houston for $450!




Allright - I wlll try not to to soil my shorts... but check out what showed up outside Houston this week. The 1484 is the 60 Watt version Silvertone put out in 1965 - some peole like ths one even more than the 1485 because it breaks up at a less ear splitting volume - all the smae bells and whistles and a more manageable sized cabinet too. Not too many of these on the block right now that's for sure.


Vintage Silvertone Amp - $450 (Fulshear)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-07, 9:10PM CDT
Reply to: sale-r9fyb-1411496740@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Vintage Silvertone 1484 guitar amplifier. Based on pot codes, I have this dated as a 1966. I have owned since 1976. New speakers (4 years ago), current replacement Jensens like originals. Output jack added to back of amp and input jack in back of speaker cabinet. I replaced some tubes right after I bought the amp, but the power tubes are the original Silvertones. Both channels, tremelo and reverb work great, about 50 watts total. I do not have the footswitch. Tolex is good for an amp this old, but it is coming up in some seams and corners. I do have a schematic. I haven't used this amp outside the house in over 20 years; it has been stored (shrinkwrapped) for past 3 years. $450.00 firm!


Location: Fulshear

1 comment:

  1. would you be willing to sell the cabinet alone?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.