Tuesday, February 8, 2011

1978 Fender USA Stratocaster in Rochester MN for $550

Note to new Readers: Don't contact me - I am not selling this guitar / amplifier - this is just a blog. 

The seller didn't post a pic of his 1978 Stratocaster but when I emailed  him for more info he sent me 18 pictures (!) so I am posting them here.  The guitar is a refin - but since it is black it doesn't look that bad to me.  And the Schaller roller bridge isn't a big hack job either - looks pretty good to me - esp since there is no locking nut.   OVerall this still looks like a very good deal.  the neck alone is probably worth it - nto to mention it has two grey bottom pickups which usually sound just terrific.

The seller's name is TIM (  tmkriese@yahoo.com ) and he also included a ton of extra info and details about the guitar - excuse the all caps font but that is how he emailed it to me and I ain't in the mood to retype it.   Apparently he is selling it for the owner whose name is CAROL.

JIM, THE GUITAR IS A '77 HOWEVER, FENDER SERIAL NUMBERS EXTEND OVER TO '78. THEY WOULD STILL CALL THIS A '77. PROBABLY BUILT IN THE SPRING OF '78.


PICKUP ARE ORIGINAL AND WORK PERFECTLY. ALSO THE SWITCH AND VOLUME / TONE POTS ARE GOOD. THE PICKUPS WHITE ON TOP BUT HAVE THE GRAY BASE. ONE IS A BLACK BASE. (THIS WAS BECAUSE FENDER DID USE SOME OLDER 60'S STOCK PICKUPS. I HAVE VERIFIED THIS FROM A N EXPERT @ DAVE'S GUITARS IN LA CROSSE WIS.) NECK IS IN GREAT SHAPE, IT PLAYS WELL, AND IT HAS MINIMAL FRET WEAR. THE BODY WAS PAINTED AND IT LOOKS OK BUT NOT THE ORIGINAL COLOR. I THINK THIS WAS A SUNBURST AT ONE TIME. THE KAHLER BRIDGE IS A QUALITY BRIDGE AND IS MOUNTED CORRECTLY. MAKES A NICE IMPROVEMENT OVER THE STOCK BRIDGE BUT IT TAKES AWAY FROM THE VINTAGE VALUE. I AM SELLING THIS FOR SOMEONE ELSE BUT I DID SET IT UP AND PLAYED IT FOR A FEW HOURS. I FIND IT TO BE WELL WORTH THE PRICE AND A NICE GUITAR T PLAY. IT IS PROBABLY WORTH MORE JUST PARTING IT OUT BUT I HATE TO DO THAT TO A GUITAR THAT SOUNDS AND PLAYS THIS WELL. PLUS THE OWNER WOULD JUST LIKE TO GET HER MONEY FROM IT AND BE DONE WITH IT. I WILL BE SENDING YOU TWO EMAILS WITH PHOTO'S . ANYTHING ELSE I CAN HELP YOU WITH LET ME KNOW. SHE DID TELL ME THAT SHE WANTS $550. FIRM. THAT NEEDS TO BE WHAT SHE MAKES AFTER ANY SHIPPING, INS. ETC. SHE DOES NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT AND DOESN'T WANT TO START ONE. THE BEST THING IS COME TRY IT OUT IN PERSON. THANKS TIM

PS THIS EMAIL IS FROM THE OWNER. SHE ALREADY HAD THE PICS ON IT, YOU CAN WRITE EITHER OF US.

From: Carol Arntson lorac7667@hotmail.com

*********************************








VINTAGE 1978 STRAT /US MADE - $550 (lake city, Mn.)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-01-16, 5:05PM CST

Reply to: sale-k5fnm-2163920333@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1978 FENDER STRAT. SET UP WELL AND SOUNDS GREAT! BLONDE MAPLE NECK AND FINGERBOARD W BLACK DOT INLAYS , BLACK BODY / WHITE PICKGUARD. ALL ELECTRONICS ARE WORKING AND NO NOISE. OR HUM. THIS GUITAR HAS BEEN REFINISHED AND HAS AN AFTER MARKET (KAHLER) TREMELO BRIDGE. THE FINISH IS DECENT, THE BRIDGE IS TOP QUALITY . IF THIS WAS ALL ORIGINAL IT BOOKS @ $1500 T0 $ 3000.00 YOU CAN BUY THIS ONE FOR $550.00 MAYBE SEEN @ LAKE CITY MN.

•Location: lake city, Mn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.