Monday, February 28, 2011

Fender Super 60 tube combo in Chicago area for $220

Say what you want about the Red Knob Fenders but they've been played by a lot of pros over the years (including Clapton who recently donated a Super 60 and a Red Knob Twin to the Crossroads Antigua Auction at Butterfields).

I don't need to go into the details here - there are lots of conversations about these amps on the web - but I always say the same thing about Red Knobs: treat them like a SINGLE CHANNEL amp and you won't be disappointed. Just find a clean solid tone that is mostly based on pushing the ouput tubes and get your distortion with a pedal or by adjusting your guitars volume. That's it. BTW these are heavy little amps and they do get loud.

BTW - Take that Crate speaker and throw it in the trash - get a Jensen or a Celestion Vintage 30 and I guarantee this amp witll rock.

*****************************





Fender Super 60 Tube Guitar Amp - $220 (Ukrainian Village)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-02-26, 9:31AM CST
Reply to: sale-hnbsx-2235594048@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my Fender Super 60 amplifier. It's all tube and made in the USA (MIA). Works perfectly but has some tolex wear and minor tolex loss, two knob shafts are slightly bent (does not affect performance) and a 90 watt (180 watt peak) @ 8 Ohms 12" Crate replacement speaker.

I no longer have a rehearsal space and it's far to loud for my apartment...plus I'm a keyboard guy.

$220 FIRM

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.