Monday, February 28, 2011

Valco made combo amp in NYC for $300

A reader brought this listing to my attention. It's an interesting combo amp that appears to be a cross between a Supro Trojan and a Harmony 525 Bass amp. I'd suspect this was labeled as a National but I could be wrong since National used the gold and black faceplate look. It is an all tube amp but could have a solid state rectifier (as many of the Valco amps did by 1967). The Trojan had a similar chassis layout but had the Blue Supro Faceplate and Lightning Logo - a Harmony 525 was a bigger amp with 6L6 power and a 15 inch speaker but with smiliar cosmetics to this.

************************





Vintage Supro Amp - $300 (West Village)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-02-24, 7:40PM EST
Reply to: sale-ukep8-2233011162@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is a very cool Supro amp made by Valco. It has the original Jensen 10" speaker and sounds awesome. Also has a groovy tremolo. Sounds like a Kalamazoo Model 2, only louder. Leave #.

3 comments:

  1. brings me to a question I have. I'm a regular reader and a nation-wide craigs junky. Sometime I come across killer deals that should be on here. How should I pass it on to you?--Chad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad: I am currently working on a larger website that will allow much greater reader input with forums and member submitted listings

    The design is taking time and money (since I have little of both) but I hope to have it up soon. - Jim C

    ReplyDelete
  3. great! I love the site and look forward to the new version.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.