Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ampeg VT-40 tube guitar head in Encino CA for $175


This should be a heck of a deal for thisrare and powerful guitar amp. OVerspec'd trannies and serious volume with nice spring reverb here. This one is probably not a beauty because it was cut down from a combo to a head but it looks pretty good inthe photo.

Note: I live in Encino soif you want this amp and are SERIOUS then contact me after you talk to the seller and I might help you land it (my cell is 818-744-2791) . I can help you arrange shipping but it won't be cheap since this is sure to be a heavy mutha. - Jim C

********************************************

Ampeg VT-40 Tube Head - $175 (Encino)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-02-08, 11:09PM PST
Reply to: sale-rrkfq-1592627752@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ampeg VT-40 two-channel 60-watt all tube guitar amp head. Mid-70s. Reverb, lots of EQ, really LOUD! I bought this head which was chopped off a VT-40 combo amp in the 80s. Mainly used in the studio, and unused for years. If you want that 70s Stones clean/dirty sound, this is it! One overdrive channel which works fine but I've never used it, because the reverb channel with all the EQ options is sweet at lower volumes, and gets a nice overdrive at higher volumes. The reverb is to die for! Looks like an SVT head with the EQ switches on it. A steal for a classic tube guitar amp --- must sell this week. $175 obo. John @ (818) 718-8761


Location: Encino

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.