Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vintage Hagstrom Viking in San Diego for $650





Here is a nice vintage Hagstrom for about the same price as the new Asian-built Reissue. Nice semi-hollow guitar with the Hagstom famous "ultra-fast-neck!" hehe

********************************************************************

60s HAGSTROM VIKING VINTAGE GUITAR - $650 (San Diego)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-02-17, 1:16PM PST
Reply to: sale-hwzvw-1605430514@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is a late 60s Hagstrom Viking Hollowbody. Made in Sweden
Single coil pickups.
Very thin, fast neck.
It has a few scratches, and standard wear on a 40+ year old guitar.
It is all orginal, except for the bridge.
Plays great, and stays in tune very well.
A hardshell case is included with the guitar.

Cash Only


Location: San Diego

2 comments:

  1. I own another of these tobacco burst Vikings, practically identical except I have the original bridge (it has over/under adjustment screws which are frankly kind of a pain). I don't get the "hehe" comment above, because the neck is actually faster than I can even play - a very weird phenomenon if you've never experienced it for yourself. My question for anyone is about the pickups. I understand they're single coil, but haven't been able to find out anything more about them (and haven't felt like tearing it apart to look at them closely). The pots, if anyone cares, are laid out 90 degrees from a traditional Gibson; and the knobs are felt-bottomed which I thought was a nice grown-up feature. After snagging mine I discovered Zappa's "Bitchin'" endorsement ad, which was also kind of a hoot. I love mine, it is rather bitchin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "hehe" comment only referred back to the traditional Hagstrom marketing slogan for their "Ultra Fast Necks" which appeared on all the ads I used to see back in the 1970's. It was not meant to be an insult in any way - just an inside comment to those who might recognize the reference. - Jim C

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.