Monday, June 22, 2009

1979 Gibson J-40 in St. LouisArea for $600




Sounds like this one is well used but could be a good price for a 30 year old Gibson Dreadnaught acoustic - he says he he did buy it from one of the most reputable vintage guitar dealers in Nashville, George Gruhn, about 20 years ago.




Gibson J-40 Acoustic Guitar - $600 (W.County)
Reply to: mailto:sale-h8fz5-1231223667@craigslist.org?subject=Gibson%20J-40%20Acoustic%20Guitar%20-%20%24600%20(W.County) [Errors when replying to ads?]Date: 2009-06-20, 12:49PM CDT
This is a 1979 ( I believe) Gibson J-40 acoustic guitar. I bought this from Gruhn Guitars in Nashville some time in the late 80s early 90s. The guitar is solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, maple neck, rosewood bridge, bone nut, I think the saddle is also bone. The guitar is stamped "Second" from the factory but I could never really figure out why. As far as I know everything is original, even the sealed tuners which still hold tune very well. The guitar has a few repairs to the top (cracks) over the years but nothing out of the ordinary for it age. If you like the RELIC look, this one has it, every scratch, chip, nick is the real deal and it has quite a few of them. I have the action set very low and the guitar plays very nice but everyone has their own idea of what they like. Comes with nice hard shell case from McMurry Music and a Pro Mag sound hole pickup. Price is firm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.