Friday, June 19, 2009

Vintage Hagstrom 1 in New York for $375











This is the one I refer to as the "Ziggy Stardust Model" since Bowie is holding one on the cover. Certainly not a pristine example but he says it all works fine. Not a bad price for this model. The necks on these are very thin and fast so if you like that you might like this Swedish guitar.








Vintage Hagstrom I Electric Guitar!! Early 60's Beauty! - $375 (Williamsburg)
Reply to: mailto:sale-vkgmk-1218556995@craigslist.org?subject=Vintage%20Hagstrom%20I%20Electric%20Guitar!!%20Early%2060 [Errors when replying to ads?]Date: 2009-06-12, 4:35PM EDT
Vintage Hagstrom I Electric Guitar!
All original 1962-1965 era solid body guitar. Made in Sweden. Cool, early version with black neck and headstock. Real branded Hagstrom, not a Kent PB-24-G.
Both pickups work and sound great. All switches and volume pot work(pot could use a little cleaner). Neck still plays great with only minimal fret wear. These necks are thin and fast and live up to the hype. H shaped truss rod ensures that it has stayed true all these years!
Lucite top has some cosmetic cracks, but nothing threatening. Vinyl has split and come loose a bit at the edges. Ignore the color in 3rd pic. Taken without flash to show detail.
Here's your chance to get one at a great price and look like early David Bowie or Devo! Comes with non-original chipboard case.
Located in Williamsburg near the Bedford L train stop.
Location: Williamsburg

4 comments:

  1. This is not the Bowie model - I know because the Bowie model was my first guitar, and I still have it. The Bowie version is basically the same but it has three pickups and some more buttons.

    Regards,
    Trygve Knudsen, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hagström Fans!
    I'll second that note from Trygve. Bowie played a Kent branded model Hagström that was primarily sold in the UK. His guitar was a lacquered solid body with rounded edges, three pickups and six switches on the control plate. The guitar presented here is a Hagström I and was primarily sold in the USA.
    Keep on strömmin'
    ATL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? The picture I have of Bowie, he's playing a 2 pick up with full face resin top just like what's posted here. Unfortunately I can't post it but if you Google/ images-Hagstrom you should find it, that's how I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 1964 hagstrom I Kingsneck (plastic body)ele.guitar.It needs a rebuild.A Swiss made...the no. 620620 on the back plate means it was #620 out of a batch of a 1000 made.? #1...is it worth restoring...and if so where would I send it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. my email...mcfadzen@westman.wave.ca Iam located in Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.