Thursday, June 18, 2009

Custom Resonator Guitar in St Paul MN area for $290











I have no way of knowing if this is a decent guitar or not - but it looks nice in the pictures - you'd have to check it out and see. The seller sounds sincere enough.








Resonator guitar - handcrafted - $290 (St. Paul)
Reply to: mailto:sale-khgfg-1208788651@craigslist.org?subject=Resonator%20guitar%20-%20handcrafted%20-%20%24290%20(St.%20Paul) [Errors when replying to ads?]Date: 2009-06-06, 3:47PM CDT
Handcrafted reso guitar. I don't know anything about the builder except what the guitar tells me -- solid and detailed construction, tight tolerances, quality materials, very playable and comfortable neck, good volume. It has the sound of an old soul. The label reads: Jack's Acoustic Guitars. White Bear Township, MN. Dated 9/1/01 s/n 0005 Hat's off to Jack -- where ever you are. It's obvious that he is a skilled craftsman, and knows a thing or two about guitars. Should anyone know Jack The Guitarbuilder, please drop me a note. I'd love to thank him the great time I've had with this guitar! Solid wood top/sides/back. Spruce on top, but not sure exactly what the sides & back are. Very stable 3-piece neck (mahogany/rosewood/mahogany). Excellent neck set with great fretwork (no fret wear). Rosewood binding all around with rosewood center stripe on back. The new imported resonator guitars don't hold a candle to this guitar. Single biscuit-style resonator cone. Quality Schaller tuners. Very nice thinly applied and buffed finish. Inlayed "J" in the headstock. Cutaway. Comes with pretective hardshell plush-lined Epiphone case which is a bit over-sized, but it does well what a case should do. The solid woods contribute to a warmth, sustain and detailed tone. Nice volume. For those who don't care for the shiny zingy sound of a metal-bodied reso, this guitar has more of a darker/traditional/rootsy/organic voice. It does lovely sustained single notes well, but can easily get aroused and growly when provoked! Going on 8-years-old, this guitar has has been well cared for with no structural issues or concerns. "Jack's guitar" is here to make music for the long haul. The musical note soundholes struck me as funky in the beginning, but I came to love the distinctive one-of-a-kind design of this instrument. This instrument has been a very pleasurable introduction to resonator guitars for me, but its time to pass this guitar on to a new player. Located in Hudson, WI but I'm in and out of St. Paul regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.