Thursday, June 25, 2009

Silvertone 1446 - Chris Isaac Model - original w/ case- $800 in Vermont


I know this isn't very cheap but these are great guitars and this guy did a nice job putting together his CL ad - the guitar is actually listed on eBay at the same time but I am not sure if he will ship it or not. I've seen these listed from $750 to $$1200 so the price is not bad at all.


Silvertone / Harmony 1446L Semi-Hollow Body Electric P90's, Bigsby - $800 (Saint Albans)
Reply to: mailto:sale-uhyvx-1239131720@craigslist.org?subject=Silvertone%20%2F%20Harmony%201446L%20Semi-Hollow%20Body%20Electric%20P90 [Errors when replying to ads?]Date: 2009-06-25, 12:35PM EDT
Silvertone / Harmony 1446L Semi-Hollow Body Electric Guitar with Gibson Mini-P90's and a Bigsby Tremolo - as played by Chris Isaak, Elvis Costello, Hubert Sumlin and other greats!

Click for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger ImageClick for Larger Image

I have listed this item is listed for sale on eBay as well. If you are interested don't miss out, buy it now or send me a "best offer"!
You are bidding a 60's Silvertone 1446L "Espanada" Semi-Hollow Body Electric Guitar manufactured by Harmony of Chicago. The guitar is equipped with two Gibson Mini-P90 pickups, and a Bigsby Tremolo. Also included with this item is what I believe to be the original two-tone chipboard case as shown in the photos.
It is in good condition with normal wear and tear. The neck is in good shape with a small amount fret wear. The finish on the body is in decent shape considering it's age. There is an area on the back of the body where the finish has been worn completely away as seen in photo no. 11. This is most likely due to one of it's previous owners affinity for really large belt buckles. Other than the "belt buckle issue", the guitar's finish has some tiny scratches and a few small chips on the body and headstock as shown in the photos. The nut had also replaced when I bought it. It has a shim under it, but plays and sounds fine so I never changed it.
The Silvertone 1446L guitar has been used by Hubert Sumlin (with Howlin Wolf) and later by Chris Isaac (his first album was named "Silvertone") and Elvis Costello.
This guitar sounds great! Think of it as a cross between a Gibson and Gretsch - with a strong midrange presence. The sound of the 1446L is perfect for playing blues, surf rock, country, indie rock. It sounds awesome for playing slide guitar!
I've owned this guitar for over 20 years and hate to see it go, however I am forced to sell it along with several other guitars, and other musical equipment to finance a business venture. Please check my other auctions for other music related items.
I only sell to local sellers though Craig's List - I will not ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.