Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vintage St. George MIJ Guitar in Dallas area - Cheap? Sale or trade




The seller seems to have a reasonable attitude about this one so this could make a cool project for somebody - those pickups probably won't ever sound great but you could drop a GFS Vintage Alnico set in there and keep those chrome rings and have a cool and funky guitar with killer tone. Just one idea.




FSOT - VINTAGE GUITAR - MAKE OFFER - $1 (Burleson)
Reply to: mailto:sale-ywjqs-1235542203@craigslist.org?subject=FSOT%20-%20VINTAGE%20GUITAR%20-%20MAKE%20OFFER%20-%20%241%20(Burleson) [Errors when replying to ads?]Date: 2009-06-23, 10:30AM CDT
I have what I believe to be a vintage St. George electric guitar. There was a gold metal shield-shaped sticker on the front of the body when I got it that read St. George and had a picture of a knight's helmet on it. I removed it because it looked out of place, but I still have it. Neck plate says Made in Japan. Probably from the late 60's to early 70's. It was not playing at all when I bought it. I took it apart, cleaned it, and discovered that the individual pickup switches were the problem, so I bypassed them. It is now audible, but not very loud. I think that if the pots and all of the four switches were replaced, it would sound perfect. Would only cost about $30-40 in parts. Action is decent, stays in tune well, and the vintage style tremolo works fine. No major dings, and all of the original parts are there, including the removeable chrome bridge cover. Taking all cash and/or trade offers on this one. Cool project, just don't have the time. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.