Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gibson Sonex 180 USA Guitar for $350 in Los Angeles area




These are intense heavy rock /metal guitars - though they do weigh a ton so be prepared. These Zebra pickups are not the same as Dirty Fingers (despite what it says) but I have them in my Explorer and they do sound terrific. This is a great deal if you are into this type of an axe.




Gibson Sonex 180, plus pedals - $350 (Chatsworth)
Reply to: mailto:sale-j8qpg-1216830970@craigslist.org?subject=Gibson%20Sonex%20180%2C%20plus%20pedals%20-%20%24350%20(Chatsworth) [Errors when replying to ads?]Date: 2009-06-11, 12:56PM PDT
Here is a second chance at this great offer. I had an idiot who promised to buy it but instead flaked. So if you responded before, I apologize for not selling to you (there were a few of you out there...). Anyway, this is an early 80's Gibson Sonex 180. It's in great shape and has been in its case for the last five years. It has two zebra-style "Dirty Fingers" pickups, which are quite powerful. Two volume and two tone knobs plus a coil-tap switch for single-coil operation. The only thing that might be of interest is that there are two screw holes where a Roland GK pickup was once installed, not a big deal. The other point is that the neck was sanded down (slightly) to get rid of bumps. It is now very smooth, but unfinished. Check the photos. I am also throwing in the original Gibson hardshell case and two effect pedals! They are a DOD FX68 stereo chorus and a Boss PH-2 super phaser. Both are in fine working order, and the Boss is practically new. There is nothing wrong with the guitar or the pedals, I just don't use them anymore and need some cash. The pickups and case could easily be sold for $200, so getting the whole package (guitar, case, pedals) for $350 is a steal. I received quite a few responses last time I put this listing up, so the first person who can pay me cash gets it. I can deliver it if you live close to Chatsworth, otherwise you will need to come to me. Thanks. Contact Aron at krimson24@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.