Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mopre info on the Fender 30 listed Below

I checked the reviews on Harmony Central on the Fendr 30 and they said that this amp has a Tube Rectifier and Tube driven reverb and it is a fully point to point handwired amp (no PCB circuit boards); it was also only made for one year and some were 1x12 and some were 2x10 so there are only a few hundred of them around. Quite rare. It is basically like a Fender Pro Blackface circuit with some added boost and extra gain to the 2nd channel.

IMO Any decent Tube amp tech should be able to fix this for less than $100. Note that one HC Fender 30 owner stated he had a similar problem with his amp: " Had an arcing problem due to shorted screen resistor. Common in Fender amps. Easy fix, did use higher wattage resistors."

Note: I have a Rivera era Fender Concert amp and I love it. It is a serious rock n roll amp. - JC

1 comment:

  1. I just today stumbled across a Fender 30 2x10 and played it out of pure curiosity. I am a vintage Marshall player and also love the tone of a well lit Fender. It usually is not me who can get that tone. Today, with the help of this underdog, under rated, under priced, hero of the combo amps graveyard of the forgotten, I have an all new standard of what a perfect balance of tubes and speakers should sound like. I paid $299 for an amp that has the charecter and attitude of any handbuilt amp I have ever heard. I am grateful to have this piece of art, I am not sure how the market and collectors have declared this at such a low value. Its tone is priceless.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.