Monday, June 8, 2009

WELCOME FELLOW CRAIGSLIST GEAR ADDICTS

My name is Jim Christopher and I am a guitarist-songwriter and vintage guitar and amp collector living in Encino, CA. I started this blog as a way to record and hopefully share the exciting vintage guitar and amp treasures popping up on Craigslist all over the United States.

I will be posting as often as I find interesting items and great deals - and hopefully you will be able to score some of these guitars by moving fast and contacting the buyers before they get snapped up. I wish you all the luck since I can't be all over the country at any given time and most often CL sellers are not looking to box up and ship these vintage items but just want to get rid of them to the first local buyer. In general I will not be posting direct links because from what I have seen CL seems to frown on this - but I will be copying photos and posting whatever contact info is available. The rest is up to you.

My collector taste tends to run to the "off-brand" and "weirdo vintage" guitars and amps like Harmony, Kay, Airline, Teisco, Supro, etc (because I am too cheap to spend thousands) - but I will also be noting any particularly good deals on vintage Fender, Gibson, Martin, Marshall, Ampeg, etc guitars and amps. I will also note any particularly good deal s on Pedals and vintage guitar effects. I have about a dozen guitars and about ten tube amps at home right now - probably half of those were purchased from Craigslist. I am always on the lookout for unique guitar related items and appreciate any input or feedback you may want to have to this blog.

If you want to be kept informed, please be sure to subscribe to this blog. That way we can communicate if there is anything time critical and you are chasing a good deal in your local area.

Since I live in Los Angeles, I can only purchase local items directly - but in a perfect world we'd all be able to help one another score those precious vintage guitars and amps we so justifiably seek to attain. I'll do my part - good luck to us all in the hunt.

- Jim C
818-744-2791





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but please no commercial links or non guitar related conversations. Thank you. - JC

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS

I am reposting items here that are listed on CRAIGSLIST throughout the USA. I am not selling any of these items and I cannot facilitate the sale of anything here - so please do not comment or post questions like "Is this still available?" or "I am interested in your guitar please call me, etc." You need to contact the seller directly by calling the phone number listed on the post or by going to the CL listing and emailing them. NEW FEATURE: Click on the title of the CL Listing inside my post to LINK thru to the original Post. If the original CL listing is deleted the item most likely is no longer available. Thanks for checking out my blog and GOOD LUCK!



Please don't call, contact, bother or harass these sellers long after their post is expired. Take for granted if the listing is over 30 days old that the guitar or amp is LONG GONE! Thank you.